Monday, December 25, 2023

A Christmas Miracle !!!

December 25, 2023, Christmas Day at home

A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE !!!

I received my Christmas Miracle !!! This morning, I was discharged by my home nurse because the almost-14-inch-long incision in my back due to two recent spinal surgeries is HEALED. She was coming to our home regularly to change my bandage. She also had been administering intravenous antibiotic infusions every day, which ended several weeks ago.

PHOTO: the healed wound in my back (if Facebook blurred this photo, tap/click on "Learn more," and then tap/click on "See photo" to see it. Facebook probably won't blur it because it is no longer gory.)

In addition, I have gained enough strength to be able to pull myself from a lying position in bed to a seated position at the side edge of the bed and then get into my wheelchair. I can even take a few steps without support, but for now, I require a little physical support from my wife and my mother, my frame walker, or by hanging on to furniture and door jams.

Recently, I wasn't even able to stand without severe pain and support. My mother gave me a sturdy railing for the bed for Christmas, which I have been using for a few weeks. It has helped me immensely. Thanks, Mom !!!

My physical therapist comes here twice per week to guide me through new leg exercises. On the other days, I fend for myself. The peripheral neuropathy in both of my feet due to diabetes has been a challenge for me with its numbness and its pain. I have been steadily regaining feeling in both of my thighs that were severely numb following my second of two spinal surgery this year.

Many thanks go to my wonderful wife and my terrific mother for their support, both physical and non-physical, and their patience with me. Many thanks also go to God and to you for your prayers and well-wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...