Monday, December 25, 2023

A Decades-long Tradition

December 25, 2023, Christmas Day at home

Today is National Pumpkin Pie Day, so I shall be eating pumpkin pie today. Since the late 1960s, when I was 7 or 8 years old, my personal tradition forbids me from eating pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving Day. I must eat it on Christmas Day or close to it. Why? Pumpkin pie is mentioned in the song "Sleigh Ride," which I considered to be a Christmas song since my age was in single digits. As an adult, I realized that in reality, it really isn't a Christmas song. Anyway, now at age 62, I continue to follow my childhood tradition. I only recently discovered that today is National Pumpkin Pie Day, so my personal tradition has been in line with general tradition for decades.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...