Thursday, December 14, 2023

Today Is ...

December 14, 2023, at home

Italian: Marroni; Caldarroste; Castagne
Austrian: Maroni

I grew up eating roasted chestnuts at my Italian grandparent's home in the 1960s and 1970s. I roast them in the oven every December. I do love eating them. I have also eaten them when I visited my Austrian cousins in Austria during wintertime. We need to get some chestnuts from Italy soon.

December 14, 2023, at home

It is illegal to harm monkeys in India because they are said to be the incarnation of Hanuman the Hindu monkey god.

December 14, 2023, at home

I enjoy eating seafood, but I don't think I have ever eaten bouillabaisse, not even in France.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...