Thursday, December 14, 2023

A Jughead Memory

December 14, 2023, at home

A Throwback Thursday Memory

My favorite comic book character is Jughead Jones, but I didn't start reading his comic books until the mid-1990s, when I was in my mid-30s.

At that time, I was working in New York City as a writer, editor, and researcher on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry for an international weekly magazine. I was immersed in complex information every day, so I decided that I needed something simplistic to read during my non-working hours.

I remembered that I liked Jughead in the 1960s and the 1970s (newspaper comic, TV cartoon), so I started picking up the Jughead Jones Digests every month at the supermarket to take my mind off chemicals. I am a huge fan of Jughead Jones, mainly because we are very much alike: He's lazy, awkward, clumsy, and a free spirit, plus he likes to eat, especially hamburgers, and is not popular with the ladies. (I still have those digests from the 1990s.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...