Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Free From Medical Help

January 3, 2024, at home

PHOTO: (December 25, 2023) my healed incision following two spinal surgeries in 2023

With the start of the new year, I have ended my therapy that was guided by my home physical-occupation therapist. My home nurse discharged me a few weeks ago, so now I no longer require any outside medical assistance.

The almost-14-inch-long incision in my back from two recent spinal surgeries (in September and October 2023) is healed, so I no longer require a home nurse. I have a list of exercises to continue to do, so I really no longer require a home therapist's guidance.

I am now on my own to get myself physically stronger. I am already stronger, but I am still unable to walk without the support of a metal frame walker. Well, I am able to take three or four steps on my own, walking like Frankenstein's Monster, with the then-potential of falling on my face. With the continued help of my wife and my mother, I expect to be able to walk without support fairly soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Test Video: Ka'chava

September 21, 2024, at home Taste Test: Ka'chava Shake Powder (Sept. 21, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel: ...