Thursday, February 29, 2024

F1 2024 Begins

February 29, 2024, at home

It's that time of year again: Formula 1 racing season started today. F1 is the only sport that I actively follow. I watch all of the races (on television).

I have been a fan for decades. I watched my first F1 race long ago on television at the home of one of my many Austrian cousins while on vacation in Austria. 

Below is a diagram of the 24 races this season with the configurations of each circuit (track). Before each race, there are two days of practice and qualifying. The races are usually held on Sundays from March into December. However, the first two races this season (in Bahrain and in Saudi Arabia) will be held on Saturdays due to the Islamic observance of Ramadan, which technically starts on March 10, 2024, but includes the month of March.

That means the 2024 F1 season officially begins today with two practices, followed by a third practice and qualifying tomorrow, and the official race the next day.

The following races will be held in Australia, Japan, China, Miami, Italy, Monaco, Canada, Spain, Austria, Great Britain, Hungary, Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy (again), Azerbaijan, Singapore, Austin, Mexico, Brazil, Las Vegas, Qatar, and Abu Dhabi. The Las Vegas race is also on Saturday.

In Formula 1 racing, there are 20 (male) drivers, with one driver from the United States. There are 10 teams (with two drivers on each team). This season, as last season, there are three races in the United States. In fairly recent years, there were no drivers from the United States and no races in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...