Sunday, February 25, 2024

Happy Birthday, George

February 25, 2024, at home

Happy Birthday to George Harrison (February 25, 1943 - November 29, 2002) !!!

I have been an official Beatles fan since the summer of 1964, when I attended a theater showing of their first movie "A Hard Day's Night" with my mother and one of the two teenaged girls who lived in the house next to us. I was 3 years old. I really became a fan before that because my mom and the two teenaged girls next door were big fans.

George Harrison was always my favorite Beatle and still is. I like his songs best, plus he was a major influence regarding my conversion from Roman Catholicism to Gaudiya Vaishnavism (Hare Krishna).

"Love Comes To Everyone" (link below) is my favorite song by Harrison. It appears on his 1979 self-titled album, which is my favorite Harrison album. Eric Clapton plays guitar during the introduction of this song. Steve Winwood plays keyboards on this song.

I also like Harrison's song "This Is Love," which I requested that the DJ play at our wedding reception on February 4, 2006.

As a devotee of Gaudiya Vaishnavism, as was Harrison, I also like his songs "My Sweet Lord," "Beware of Darkness," and "Don't Let Me Wait Too Long." I also like his songs "Run of The Mill" and "Pure Smokey," the latter a tribute to singer Smokey Robinson.

My favorite Harrison song with The Beatles is "Savoy Truffle." This song warns Eric Clapton about eating too much candy. TRIVIA: Clapton married Harrison's ex-wife Pattie Boyd.

https://youtu.be/peTMq9lVBoA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...