Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Medical Update

February 14, 2024, at home

I now receive three bags of intravenous antibiotics every day at home. I just had two infusions this morning (two kinds) administered by a nurse. My wife will give me the third (the same as one of them this morning) at 8 p.m. today.

This will continue every day for six weeks from when I arrived at the hospital on February 6, 2024. I arrived home last evening (February 13, 2024). I am dealing with osteomyelitis (bone infection) in a fracture in my right ankle and cellulitis (internal skin infection) in my right ankle and foot. They are swollen and quite painful.

I have done this many times in recent years for osteomyelitis and cellulitis in my ankles and feet due to diabetic ulcers. I do NOT have any now, so the infection must have been lingering. I recently finished a thirteen-week-long regimen of daily intravenous antibiotic infusions as a precaution for my ankle which I recently fractured twice, and for osteomyelitis in my spine following two spinal surgeries in 2023.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Turkey Dinner

September 22, 2024, at home This afternoon, my wonderful wife made this beautiful dinner: turkey rolls stuffed with bread stuffing, sautéed ...