Tuesday, February 20, 2024

My Now German Keyboard

February 20, 2024, at home

PHOTO: my now German keyboard

For an unknown reason, my cell phone switched my keyboard from American English to German. All of the letters are the same, except now the "Y" and the "Z" are switched. Germans use more Zs than Ys, so now the Z is in the middle of the second row of my keyboard for easier access, and the Y is tucked in the lower left section of my keyboard. I tried to switch it back, but the American English setting produces the German keyboard. I was a journalist from 1982 to 2017, so I have used the American English keyboard for decades, even going back to high school typing class in the 1970s. I am partially of Austrian decent, so I could just leave it on the German setting because that's what they use in Austria, but, technically, it goes against my journalistic experience and can be unnerving. Did you know that the American English keyboard and the German keyboard were different in this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...