Thursday, March 21, 2024

Today Is ...

March 21, 2024, at home

In the United States, fathers (and men) have few rights. In child-custody cases, the family courts award mothers total custody of the children 92 percent of the time. I would like to see that at least a little more equal. Also, studies have shown that single fathers are far more successful than single mothers in raising children. (I have been a Men's Rights Activist since the early 1990s, when I was in my early 30s.) 80 percent of divorces are initiated by women, 90 percent of university-educated women.

March 21, 2024, at home

From 1992 to 1996, I was a reporter, writer, editor, and researcher for a weekly, international magazine on the financial and technical aspects of the chemical industry from an industrial perspective. The magazine, titled "Chemical Marketing Reporter," was based in New York City.

I started as the "Oils, Fats, and Waxes Editor," and then made a lateral move to "Flavors and Fragrances Editor." I was then promoted to "Heavy and Agriculture Chemicals Editor," and was then promoted to "Market Research Editor."

While I was there, I wrote about an array of chemicals, including: plastics including polyethylene terephthalate (the raw material for soda bottles); pigments including titanium dioxide; pharmaceuticals like bulk penicillin; petrochemicals like benzene, xylene, and toluene; plus carnauba wax; castor oil; grease (both yellow AND white); sandalwood oil; menthol; and even fertilizers/explosives like ammonium nitrate.

March 21, 2024, at home

While I really dislike the taste and the texture of strawberries, I do sometimes force myself to eat them because they are healthy. I have been eating some of them due to a suggestion by my cardiothoracic surgeon.

March 21, 2024, at home

I do like baguettes with butter.

March 21, 2024, at home

I almost forgot to post this.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...