Sunday, March 31, 2024

Yanick: 2 years R.I.P.

March 31, 2024, at home

It is difficult for me to comprehend that singer Yanick Etienne has been gone for two years already. Here is my original Facebook post on her passing. I included a link of her singing in my original post"

I am deeply saddened by the passing of singer Yanick Etienne from Haiti. She is best known as the background vocalist on the song "Avalon" from the 1982 Roxy Music album "Avalon." She also sang on three Bryan Ferry solo albums; Ferry is the lead singer and keyboardist for Roxy Music. I am honored to have heard Etienne sing "Avalon" live TWICE when I attended two Bryan Ferry solo concerts in 1988. "Avalon" has been my all-time favorite album since its release, but I didn't like it the first two times I listened to it. Below is a link to the official video of the song "Avalon." It still amazes me how long she can hold a note, as indicative in this song. (By the way, Roxy Music is reuniting and is performing a somewhat brief concert tour this year to mark the 50th anniversary of their first album from 1972.)

https://youtu.be/bpA_5a0miWk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...