Friday, April 19, 2024

My Healing Process

April 19, 2024, Delray Medical Center

True ... I have had five surgeries in two years (2022: 1 heart; 2 chest ... 2023: 2 spinal). I am just starting to be able to walk, but with physical support (walker, wife).

I should have been up and around months ago, maybe weeks ago, but I'm really not there yet. Almost all of my delayed recovery is bodily, but I do question if my mental state was/is holding me back. I tell myself that I require more time to heal, whether right or wrong.

I never felt sorry for myself, but I can't dismiss the notion that fear, laziness, and trepidation may have hindered my recovery process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...