Friday, April 19, 2024

Regretted College Majors

April 19, 2024, Delray Medical Center

Top 10 Most Regretted College Majors

I have a bachelor's degree in communications (with a minor in the French language), which is number 4 on the list, and a master's degree in journalism, which is number 1 on the list. I spent two-and-a-half in the pre-med program before changing my major. I don't regret any of my choices. I got my master's degree in journalism because I thought that I would transition into a university professor. I never did.

I had written a rather nasty letter to a girlfriend following a long-distance weekend visit. I showed it to a friend. He told me that if he could write like that, he would be "golden," meaning successful. That finalized my decision to change majors.

At the time (early 1980s), I was a complete failure in regard to romance. I became bored with pre-med, so I attended a recruitment meeting of the university newspaper. I joined and loved it. I had read a news article about journalism being the least sexy profession, so I thought that I could either be a journalist or get married, but not both. Because my romantic life was a complete failure, I picked journalism. By the way, I was correct for a couple of decades, but I was ultimately wrong. I was finally able to get married for the first and only time 22 days before my 45th birthday.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/vinK1RYMrN9AQ2qW/?mibextid=0VwfS7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...