April 8, 2024, at home
In celebration of today's total eclipse, I am reminded of the late, great Klaus Nomi whose song by the same name brought his weird, but amazing talent to the world.
Klaus Sperber (January 24, 1944 – August 6, 1983), known professionally as Klaus Nomi, was a German countertenor noted for his wide vocal range and an unusual, otherworldly stage persona. Nomi was one of David Bowie's backup singers for a 1979 performance on Saturday Night Live.
Nomi died at the Sloan Kettering Hospital Center in New York City on August 6, 1983, as a result of complications from AIDS. He was one of the earliest known figures from the arts community to die from the illness.
Here is a link to a live performance of the song by Nomi and his band at The Ritz in New York City in 1980. This clip appears in the 1981 movie "Urgh! A Music War."
https://youtu.be/DnrVLerAEqQ?si=_0P3_mx1_LQGJVsK
"Total Eclipse” was written by Kristian Hoffman.
Monday, April 8, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yankees Win, Lose
The New York Yankees never disappoint. You can always count on the opposing team to score runs against them in the late innings and for thre...
-
I like peanut brittle, but I haven't eaten it in many years. January 26, 2025, at home I have tried wheatgrass juice. It's good for...
-
April 23, 2023, afternoon, Day 3, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida Today's Medical Update Morning: MRI, right foot/ankl...
No comments:
Post a Comment