Thursday, May 30, 2024

6 Surgeries in 2 years

May 30, 2024, at home

SIX SURGERIES IN TWO YEARS

I had an appointment with my new primary doctor yesterday morning. He wanted a list of my surgeries, so I provided him with the following list. Actually, considering my medical issues, I am feeling fairly well.

Recent Surgeries

March 2022 - quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery, including removal of vein in left thigh

May 2022 - opened chest to remove sternal plates due to loose screws and also staph infection

May 2022 - closed chest with seven sutures after about a week of chest remaining open

September 2023 - removal and cleaning out of abscess/infection in spinal disk

October 2023 - titanium metal rod attached to spine due to bone infection

April 2024 - bone biopsy, deburring, draining of fluid of right ankle due to bone infection

Previous Surgeries

Left foot:

1 - removal of part of decayed bone due to infection

2 - removal of joint and bone fragments

3 - removal of bone fragments and scar tissue

4 - removal of benign tumor growing within a diabetic ulcer

Nasal/Sinus: removal of eight polyps; cleaning and expansion of all eight sinuses

Three surgically installed PICC lines in a vein in my neck

Tonsils: removal in 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...