Saturday, May 25, 2024

Bocce In Glen Cove

May 25, 2024, at home

One of my Italian cousins recently posted this old photo on Facebook, so I decided to post it in a Facebook group about the town of Glen Cove, Long Island, New York, where the photo was taken and where many of my Italian family members lived and still live. Here it is. This is what I wrote to go with this photo of a notable bocce ball court:

"My maternal grandparents lived next door on the left (on Hazel Street). Directly across the street was Al Capone's summer house. My great-aunt Stella and great-uncle Gabe (my maternal grandfather's brother) owned and operated nearby Stango's restaurant."

My cousin Maria mentioned that her father Sal used to play bocce there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...