Saturday, May 18, 2024

"Thunderbirds"

May 18, 2024, at home

When I was a kid, I was a huge fan of the British TV series "Thunderbirds," which was broadcast in 1965 and 1966, when I was 4 and 5 years old. Maybe it ran on U.S. TV as reruns when I was a bit older. I even had plastic models of their various spaceships. My question is: Why do I find these characters creepy as an adult, but I didn't find them creepy as a kid?

Here is a video of the opening credits that introduces the spaceships and the characters. My favorite of the five Thunderbird spacecrafts is Number 2. I remember 1, 2, 3, and 4, but not 5. Brains was my favorite character.

https://youtu.be/a2n0widQ4nA?si=UQGx-_sHSWjW2r9Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...