Friday, June 7, 2024

Gaudiya Vaishnavism Rules

June 7, 2024, at home

My religion is Gaudiya Vaishnavism (Hare Krishna), a sect of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism). The Four Regulative Principles of my religion are:

1. No meat eating

2. No intoxication

3. No gambling

4. No illicit sex

I do NOT follow these principles absolutely: I follow number 3 and number 4 completely. I follow number 2 almost completely. I follow number 1 somewhat.

Technically, my religion forbids me from eating meat, fish, eggs, onions, garlic, mushrooms, red lentils, and chocolate, as well as drinking coffee, tea, beer, wine, and liquor. 

Also, two days per month on what is called Ekadashi, my religion also forbids the eating of grains, peas, and beans (legumes). I do NOT typically observe Ekadashi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Test Video: Ka'chava

September 21, 2024, at home Taste Test: Ka'chava Shake Powder (Sept. 21, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel: ...