Thursday, June 13, 2024

Today Is ...

June 13, 2024, at home

I am mostly a klutz in the kitchen, and everywhere else. However, there are dishes in which I am semi-competent in their preparation, specifically Käsknöpfle and Giambotta. My wife and I make a tomato sauce that is quite good.

June 13, 2024, at home

My father had a small garden in the early 1980s. It was somewhat unsuccessful because he put it in the shade, under a large tree. The eggplants grew only slightly larger than eggs, and the romaine lettuce grew five feet long, horizontally, not vertically. He did plant pole beans nearby in the sun, so he did have success in that regard.

June 13, 2024, at home

While studying at Villanova University in the early 1980s, I had a friend who would throw an axe into a large stump of wood over and over in his dorm room. I tried it a few times one afternoon.

June 13, 2024, at home

My mom-in-law was terrific on the sewing machine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...