Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Today Is ...

June 4, 2024, at home

Today is a day to honor "old maids," also known as spinsters (older, sometimes younger, women who never married nor have children). The number of old maids has increased in recent years and continues to increase rapidly. By 2030, 45 percent of women here in the United States are expected to be unmarried and childless.

Women who wait until their 30s because they are concentrating on their careers instead of marrying and starting families sooner are sadly discovering that men their own age actually prefer women who are younger than them. It really is quite a trend. I read that investors are now focusing more on wine companies and cat food producers. It sounds like a joke, but it's true.

Many men in western countries, specifically the United States, Canada, and western European countries, are traveling to eastern countries, specifically Japan and The Philippines, and even South American countries, to find the traditional wives. They are called Passport Bros. (short for Brothers).

These men are in search of women who are feminine, peaceful, and respectful of men, something that is quite rare in their home countries. This also increases the number of old maids here in the United States.

I played the card game Old Maid when I was a young kid in the 1960s.

June 4, 2024, at home

I enjoy almost all kinds of cheeses, but I would say that my favorite cheese is Leyden, a semisoft, mild Dutch cheese that contains whole cumin seeds and whole caraway seeds.

June 4, 2024, at home

I enjoy the occasional cognac.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 22, 2024, at home I never liked a cone. I always choose a cup, since I was a kid in the 1960s. September 22, 2024, at home I pre...