Tuesday, July 9, 2024

West Islip House, Expanded

July 9, 2024, at home

A close friend sent me this link about one of my two childhood homes. It's so beautiful and so vastly different than when I lived there.

I lived in this house in West Islip, Long Island, New York, from the summer of 1972, when I was eleven (11) years old, until August 1979, when I was eighteen (18) years old: after my high school graduation in June 1979 and then en route to a prep school in northern Massachusetts in August 1979. I also lived there temporarily, when I was between university degrees in 1985, and when I was working in New York City in the 1990s. I paid my father monthly rent money.

Believe me, the inside looks completely different now than when I lived there. The owner massively expanded it. The outside looks basically the same.

I lived in a ranch house in Babylon, Long Island, New York, from February 26, 1961, the day I was born, until we moved to West Islip.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/501-Bay-5th-St-West-Islip-NY-11795/59359597_zpid/?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...