Saturday, August 10, 2024

Admitted To Hospital

August 10, 2024, 12:26 a.m.

I am being admitted to the hospital after arriving yesterday afternoon (August 9, 2024) at Delray Medical Center's Emergency & Trauma Center with difficulty breathing. I will soon be taken to my room. A battery of testing, I endured, meaning two chest X-rays, two blood extractions for testing, and an ultrasound of both of my legs. A strong dose of liquid Lasix through my intravenous port (photo) in a vein in my right arm reduced most of the severe edema in both of my legs and partially relieved with what my pulmonologist recently diagnosed me: restrictive lung disease. I am expecting a nebulizer treatment soon to loosen my tight lungs by inhaling a medicated mist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 20, 2024, at home If I am feeling mainstream, I'll go for a pepperoni pizza. If not, then I'll go for my favorite pizza to...