Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Heading Home Soon

August 14, 2024, Delray Medical Center

GOOD NEWS !!!

I am heading home from the hospital today with a heart Fraction Ejection (FE) of 37.5. FE is my heart's ability/strength to pump blood. I am out of the danger zone (35 or lower). 50 to 70 is the normal range. There was mention of requiring the possible installation of a defibrillator, but that does NOT seem necessary now.

I arrived here with Congestive Heart Failure and Restrictive Lung Disease on August 9, 2024. I received a powerful diuretic (via intravenous port and pills) over a few days to reduce my severe edema related to my Congestive Heart Failure. I also received a steroid (via intravenous port and pills) for my Restrictive Lung Disease, as well as an inhaled bronchodilator mist and supplemental oxygen, both of which I already use at home.

The plan is for me to continue taking diuretic pills, which I was taking before I arrived here, and to continue to take newly prescribed heart medications to increase my heart's FE. I must follow up with my new cardiologist. There was mention of having another echocardiogram in about six months to see how much stronger my heart is after continuing my regimen of heart medications.

Recent Surgeries

March 2022 - quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery
May 2022 - opened chest to remove sternal plates due to loose screws and also staph infection
May 2022 - closed chest with seven sutures after about a week
September 2023 - removal and cleaning out of abscess in spinal disk
October 2023 - titanium rod attached to spine due to bone infection
April 2024 - bone biopsy, deburring, draining of fluid of right ankle due to bone infection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Today Is ...

September 19, 2024, at home When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s, I enjoyed Snack Pack butterscotch pudding, as well as Snack Pack chocol...