Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Ed Kranepool Passes

September 10, 2024, at home

I am saddened by the passing of New York Mets baseball player Ed Kranepool. Before I became a New York Yankees fan, I was a Mets fan. I would occasionally attend Mets games at Shea Stadium when my age was in single digits in the later 1960s. One particular game, I had the fortune of getting two autographs: Kranepool and fellow Met, Bud Harrelson. I still vividly remember this encounter. R.I.P. (Those autographs have long since been lost.)

I just read in this article that he passed in Boca Raton, Florida. I used to live there. My wife and I now live about 10 miles from there.

(See one of his baseball cards in the comment section below.)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/mets-legend-ed-kranepool-member-1969-world-series-team-dead-79.amp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...