Saturday, September 14, 2024

Today Is ...

September 14, 2024, at home

I like those Krispy Creme vanilla custard-filled or vanilla frosting-filled doughnuts with the chocolate glaze on top. I also like Tim Hortons vanilla custard-filled donuts with the maple glaze on top.

Dunkin' Donuts
Krispy Creme Doughnuts


Notice the spelling difference. When I was a journalist (1982-2017), this was just one of thousands of bits of information that I needed to know, just in case.

Oh yeah !!! I also like Krapfen, which are Austrian jelly donuts popular during the days before and on Fasching (Mardi Gras).

September 14, 2024, at home

What is your favorite hero sandwich? My favorite is turkey, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and ground black pepper. (NEVER: lettuce, tomatoes, onions, olives, pickles, etc.; sometimes: jalapeƱo peppers or banana peppers) ... I call it a hero.

"A submarine sandwich, commonly known as a sub (North American English), hoagie (Philadelphia metropolitan area and Western Pennsylvania English), hero (New York City English), Italian (Maine English), grinder (New England English), wedge (Westchester, NY), or a spuckie (Boston English), is a type of American cold or hot sandwich made from a cylindrical bread roll split lengthwise and filled with meats, cheeses, vegetables, and condiments." - Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...