Thursday, September 12, 2024

WTC From Jersey City

September 12, 2024, at home

(A glitch on Facebook seems to be gone, so I am able to post photos again, so ...)

I am remembering the Twin Towers on the (day after the) anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

This is a photo of the World Trade Center towers that I took from a friend's beautiful apartment in Jersey City, New Jersey, during a rather festive Christmas Eve dinner gathering in the mid-1990s. A few years later on the day before I started my move to Boca Raton, Florida, from Jersey City in May 1998 (after working in New York City for seven years as a business writer, editor, and researcher for four different news publications), I spent three hours sitting on a bench at the base of the Twin Towers, eating my lunch, relaxing, and just staring up at the two massive structures. I was thinking, sadly: "It will probably be a long time before I see them again in person." I never thought that I would NEVER see them again.

NOTE: In late 1997 until May 1998, I lived in a crappy studio apartment in a questionable part of Jersey City, but it was (somewhat) home. Hey, I had easy access (a 20-minute walk, including through a shopping mall) to the PATH train that took me to one of the towers. I would then take the subway to my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...