Friday, December 31, 2021

Charcuterie On New Year's Eve

My wonderful wife created this delicious charcuterie in celebration of the new year, which is only a few hours away here in southeastern Florida. As per Italian tradition, we have fresh grapes and dried fruits, specifically figs and apricots. Plus, there's my favorite cold-cut meat: hot capocollo, sometimes called coppa or capicola, and better known to Italian-Americans like me as gabagool. The cheeses are blue, brie, and Swiss. Also, there are crackers, strawberries, ham, black pepper-encrusted salami, and, for me, pickled green olives stuffed with garlic. We also enjoyed shrimp with cocktail sauce.

UPDATE: The blue cheese is Gorgonzola.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...