Friday, December 31, 2021

Frohes Neues Jahr !!!

Frohes Neues Jahr / Happy New Year to my many Austrian cousins in Austria !!! Here in southeastern Florida, I celebrate the new year twice: once at 6 p.m. (which is midnight Austrian time) and at midnight (our time).

In the early 1980s, I think it was 1983, I spent New Year's Eve with my father at my (Austrian) cousins' house on the side of a mountain in Dornbirn, Austria, in Vorarlberg, the westernmost Austrian province. We watched the fireworks from above. On December 26, we flew overnight from New York to Zürich, Switzerland, and then took the train to Dornbirn. We returned home on January 8 after skiing for a few days at a nearby resort in Lech, Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...