Saturday, January 1, 2022

Charcuterie On New Year's Day

My wonderful wife created another charcuterie in celebration of New Year's Day today. She made one yesterday for New Year's Eve; the ingredients are about the same. As per Italian tradition, we have fresh grapes and dried fruits, specifically figs and apricots. Plus, there's my favorite cold-cut meat: hot capocollo, sometimes called coppa or capicola, and better known to Italian-Americans like me as gabagool. The cheeses are blue and Swiss. Also, there are crackers, strawberries, black pepper-encrusted salami, shrimp with cocktail sauce, and, for me, pickled green olives stuffed with garlic. The only variation from yesterday's charcuterie is the omission of ham and brie cheese, both of which we had already finished.

UPDATE: The blue cheese is Gorgonzola.

CORRECTION: That's provolone cheese, not Swiss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...