Saturday, January 1, 2022

Good In 2021: I'm Still Alive

Someone posted this picture on Facebook, so I answered it in the following way. I just wanted to share it with you to find out what good thing or things, big or little, happened to you in 2021.

(from Bill): I am still alive. Actually, that's a big thing. I was in the hospital six times in 2021, plus once in December 2020, with such fun stuff as dehydration, dangerously low potassium levels, kidney failure (both kidneys) with six weeks of daily outpatient dialysis, thoracentesis which drained 22 ounces of fluid surrounding my right lung, congestive heart failure with severe edema in both of my legs, three of four surgeries on my left foot for osteomyelitis (bone infection), bouts with pneumonia (twice) and covid, dangerously low hemoglobin levels, white blood cell count near zero, and more. Yes, I am bragging that I survived all of that. Now, it's January 2022, and I need to schedule coronary bypass surgery (4 or 5 bypasses). I made it this far by being strong. I hope that I can continue being strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...