Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Medical Update: Heart, Feet

MEDICAL UPDATE (this week, so far): regarding my heart and my feet

Monday, January 10, 2022 - appointment with my cardiologist: everything good

Tuesday, January 11, 2022 - appointment with my podiatrist: diabetic ulcers on both of my feet look good; still healing; feet repadded and rebandaged; next appointment (every 2 weeks) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Today (Wednesday, January 12, 2022) - call from cardiothoracic surgeon's office, regarding my pending coronary bypass surgery (4 or 5 bypasses): All elective surgeries are currently not allowed due to covid. I will require the installation of a balloon one day before the bypass surgery to strengthen my heart. Also, the nurse there will check with my surgeon to see if I need to schedule an appointment with an electrophysiologist regarding (possible) surgery to install a defibrillator to increase my heart's efficiency. My Heart Ejection Fraction (the amount of blood that my heart is able to empty into my blood vessels) is dangerously low.

For about 6 weeks, I have been taking a prescription pill (twice per day) to dilate my blood vessels. It makes my already low blood pressure even lower, so I am often lightheaded. Also, I recently restarted taking a prescription statin pill (once per day) to lower my triglycerides. Also, since I was hospitalized with congestive heart failure, including severe edema in both of my legs, in August 2021, I have been taking a prescription diuretic pill (once per day).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...