Wednesday, January 12, 2022

R.I.P. Robert Bly

I just discovered (during a search on Google) that one of my heroes passed away in November 2021: Robert Bly. He was 94 years old when he passed. I don't remember if I already knew this; I don't think I did.

I read Bly's 1990 book "Iron John: A Book About Men" soon after I became a Men's Rights Activist (MRA) in the early 1990s. (During the early and mid-1990s, I read several books on Men's Rights and about "reclaiming the male spirit," which was the slogan at that time during the resurgence of the Men's Rights Movement.) While I still consider myself to be an MRA, I am now mellow in that regard.

https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2021-11-22/robert-bly-poet-dead?_amp=true

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...