Wednesday, January 26, 2022

National Library "Shelfie" Day

PHOTO: my books on men's issues/men's rights (See below for explanation.)

Today (the fourth Wednesday in January) is "National Library 'Shelfie' Day," so, if you can, post a photo of your bookshelf/bookcase and/or your favorite books and/or tell me what kind of books you like to read.

As for me, I have one bookcase that holds a very small portion of my vast book collection, which contains such subjects as language lessons; travel guides; philosophy; religion; ayurvedic medicine; cookbooks; poetry (including many anthologies containing my self-penned poems); sitcom guides; and, of course, men's issues/men's rights.

My books are either in my bookcase, which is in disarray, or in many boxes, so I really cannot take a photo of them. However, I would like to take this opportunity to show you a photo of my books on men's issues/men's rights, with a short explanation.

In the early to mid-1990s, the Men's Rights Movement experienced a resurgence. During that time, I was a writer, editor, and researcher for various business publications based in New York City. I was in my early to mid-30s, so I was still rather idealistic. It was during this time when my interest in the Men's Rights Movement was at its peak, and "reclaiming the male spirit," as was the catchphrase during that time, was foremost in my mind and actions. I filled my brain with the wisdom and logic of several great writers by reading their books.

Here are those five books, plus a book of quotations, that I recommend to any Men's Rights Activist who, like me, is still fighting the good fight. In fact, I may revisit them.

1. Celebrating The Male Mysteries (R.J. Stewart)
2. Iron John: A Book About Men (Robert Bly)
3. Mucho Macho: A Book of Manly Quotations
4. Fire In The Belly: On Being A Man (Sam Keen)
5. Knights Without Armor: A Practical Guide for Men in Quest of Masculine Soul (Aaron R. Kipnis)
6. The Warrior's Journey Home: Healing Men, Healing The Planet (Jed Diamond)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...