Sunday, January 30, 2022

R.I.P. Mrs. Guilfoyle

I just found out that my French teacher at West Islip High School on Long Island, New York, passed away in October 2021.

I attended Mrs. Kathleen Guilfoyle's course in the late 1970s. She gave everyone a specific French name. There were two Williams in the class, so the other William got the name Guillaume (French for William and pronounced Gee-ohm). She gave me Louis (pronounced Louie). The other William soon dropped out of the class, so I asked for my name to be changed to Guillaume, the name that I really wanted. She said no. I am now forever Louie.

Also, she hung out with a dark-haired Spanish teacher. What is her name? (Maybe, it's Mrs. Lombardi.) I had crushes on both of them.

(I am not sure in which yearbook this photo appears. I found out about her passing on Facebook and just posted the photo that was posted with that post. She was married when I had her for a teacher, so this photo was taken before that because Hosey is her maiden name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...