Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Yesterday's Podiatrist Visit

Medical Update (feet):

Yesterday's (February 15, 2022) regular podiatrist appointment (every two or three weeks)

My podiatrist told me that the lingering diabetic ulcers in my right foot are 100 percent healed.

However, the ulcer and the wound in my left foot are 80 percent healed. Actually, the wound is from a fourth surgery on my left foot last year. I had a tumor removed within an ulcer in the ball of my foot. That wound is still healing. The other three surgeries on my left (two of three last year and one several years ago) were to remove decayed bone fragments due to osteomyelitis (bone infections).

During yesterday's appointment, as usual, he carved both of my feet with a scalpel. My feet are sore for 2 or 3 days after each appointment. I have neuropathy (as numbness) in both of my feet. That deadens most of the pain.

After his carving, my podiatrist affixed thick padding to both of my feet with holes for my ulcer and my wound in my left foot, and also for the areas of my recently healed ulcers in my right foot. He then placed small, thin, silver-infused foam pads with ointment directly onto all of these areas. He wrapped both of my feet with medical tape and then with gauze and then with more tape. He put my padded medical shoes back on, and I sat back into my transport chair. My wonderful wife then wheeled me to my car and brought me home. I no longer drive due to my neuropathy.

I had a medical "episode" during yesterday's appointment: I got the cold sweats and felt like I was going to pass out, possibly due to gastrointestinal problems, heart problems, and/or diabetes. I did a fair amount of groaning, even though I was only experiencing moderate pain in my feet.

My next podiatrist appointment is on March 8, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...