Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Krishna & Ganesha

March 8, 2022 - This afternoon, I spoke on the phone with a hospital nurse in regard to preparation for my coronary artery bypass surgery (4 or 5 bypasses) tomorrow morning. I verified with her that I am indeed permitted to bring two of my many murtis (small religious statues) into the operating room as long as they are displayed in a non-sterile area. (Both are made of metal.)

On the left is Lord Krishna. He is the main God in my religion: Gaudiya Vaishnavism. (I just noticed that Krishna is missing His flute; I don't think He came with a flute when I ordered Him online long ago. There is a small hole there in His hands for a thin flute or maybe a toothpick.)

On the right is Lord Ganesha (Ganesh; Ganapati; Vinayaka). He is the elephant-headed God of Wisdom, New Beginnings, and Luck. Also, more specific to my situation, He is the Remover of Obstacles.

What did you bring into the operating room when you had your surgery?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...