Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Remembering Gilda

March 8, 2022 - Well, OK. (sound of swallowed pride)

I have been a Men's Rights Activist since the early 1990s, when I was in my early 30s, so I have been doing what I can to empower men for decades. I still fight the good fight to preserve and expand men's rights and for "reclaiming the male spirit," as was the chant during that period of time, a time which marked the resurgence of the Men's Rights Movement.

Today is National Women's Day, which I typically never acknowledge. However, I do find it necessary to acknowledge the late, great comedienne Gilda Radner with this humorous record album skit from 1975, the same year Saturday Night Live debuted. It's basically a parody of those rather lame feminist "anthems." I will admit that I have laughed at this song many times since I was a kid in the 1970s, including today. I had a National Lampoon greatest hits album when I was a kid, and I may still have it. Heck, I think I even have it on CD. Ah, who remembers?

https://youtu.be/2HgzXUMQawA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...