Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Carmela's Pizza Rustica

Evening, April 12, 2022 - I am enjoying this piece of my cousin Carmela's homemade Pizza Rustica, which is an Italian Easter tradition. It brings back such fond childhood (and adult) memories for me. When I was very young in the 1960s and into the 1990s, when I was in my 30s, my maternal grandmother made Pizza Rustica every Easter season. I have enjoyed many pieces throughout my life. Many thanks go to Carmela for such a wonderful reminiscence.

My wife just tasted it, and we both think it is absolutely delicious.

On April 10, 2022, Carmela gave me a piece of her Pizza Rustica to take home with me after my wife and I visited with her and her husband Filippo for a homemade Italian lunch at their home in southeastern Florida.

Filippo is the son of my maternal grandfather's sister who will celebrate her 100th birthday in February 2023.

Pizza Rustica is basically an Easter "pie" filled with cheeses and meats which are surrounded by pastry dough and then baked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...