Friday, April 8, 2022

No More Bandages !!!

April 8, 2022 - YEAH !!! As of today, I no longer have any bandages anywhere on my body !!! I haven't been able to say that in a very long time. I have had bandages on my feet almost constantly for more than nine years.

This afternoon, one of my home nurses removed the bandage on a sore on my buttocks that I sustained during and following my seven-hour-long, quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022. A bandage on the left side of my face due to an abrasion sustained during my surgery was recently removed, as was a bandage on my belly over the two horizontal incisions used for the chest drains and the epicardial pacing wires attached directly to my heart for monitoring, all of which were removed several days after my open-heart surgery. I never had a bandage on the deep wound near my left knee where a major vein was removed for the four bypasses. I still have part of a polyester "zipper" down the 7.5-inch, vertical incision in my chest, but that has been recently flaking off as expected.

This evening, my podiatrist made a house call and removed the bandages on both of my feet. The diabetic ulcers in my feet are basically healed, so I no longer need bandages on them. Last year, my podiatrist performed three surgeries on my left foot: two to remove decayed bone fragments from osteomyelitis (bone infection) and one to remove a tumor that was growing within an ulcer. A few years ago, he performed surgery to remove a decayed bone in my left foot.

Today, I also met with my cardiologist at his office. He told me that I'm healing quite well. Also today, one of my physical therapists came to our home to evaluate me.

Next week should be my last week with my home nurses and physical therapists, probably to definitely with my home nurses. I may be able to have an additional week with my main physical therapist. I switch over to cardiac rehabilitation on April 22, 2022, in an office near the hospital.

UPDATE: April 11, 2022 - My home nurse  today reapplied a bandage to the returning sore on my buttocks.

UPDATE: April 15, 2022 - My home nurse today removed the bandage on my buttocks, so I am once again without any bandages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Piano Improv

September 18, 2024, at home Piano Improv: 2nd in 3 Days (Sept. 18, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel of myself p...