Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Heart Surgery: Two Months

May 10, 2022 - I am quite happy to have forgotten that yesterday was the two-month anniversary of my seven-hour-long, quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery. That makes me realize that I am well into my healing process and that my surgery no longer governs my main thoughts. As you can see from these two photos, I am doing much better.

My surgery was during the morning into the afternoon on March 9, 2022. Healing typically takes six to 12 weeks, but could take much longer. While I am still weak and am still experiencing moderate pain, I am healing well. I am regaining my strength through several weeks of physical rehabilitation which recently ended and my current cardiac rehabilitation which began about two weeks ago. I am expecting one month of cardiac rehab, but it may be extended for another month. I go to the rehab center to exercise at 8:30 a.m., Wednesdays and Fridays, but I may add Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...