Monday, May 23, 2022

Medical Procedures

Today (May 23, 2022):

*Insertion of a dual-port PICC line in my left arm through veins near my heart required for yet another six-weeks-long daily regimen of intravenous antibiotic for my continuing (long-term) osteomyelitis (bone infection) in my left foot and for continuing infusions of antibiotic for a severe infection within my chest following my recent open-heart surgery

*Removal of a needle and a tube in a vein in the right side of my neck used for intravenous antibiotic (no longer required)

* Removal of a needle and a tube in a vein in my right forearm used for intravenous antibiotic (no longer required)

Recent:

*May 22, 2022: Removal of a needle and a tube in a vein in my left wrist to constantly monitor my blood pressure (no longer required)

*May 19, 2022: follow-up surgery to have my sternal plates removed from my chest and a wound vacuum installed to suck out the severe infection within my chest

*March 9, 2022: quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery and insertion of sternal plates instead of wires to hold broken sternum (breastbone) together

Upcoming:

*March 25, 2022: (scheduled) surgery by a plastic reconstructive surgeon to remove the wound vacuum within my chest; to clean out the remaining infection within my chest ("washout"); and to close my chest

*(probably) March 25, 2022: removal of my Foley catheter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...