Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Prayers & Well-Wishes

PRAYERS & WELL-WISHES REQUESTED

Today (May 24, 2022) - l am scheduled for yet another surgery. At 8 a.m. tomorrow (May 25, 2022), a plastic reconstructive surgeon plans to remove the wound vacuum within my chest; clean out the remaining infection within my chest ("washout"); and to close my chest. Because I have been dealing with osteomyelitis (bone infection) in my left foot for about 10 years, including many surgeries to remove infected bone and a tumor, the infection in my left foot can be the cause of my current chest infection and possibly any future chest infections.

My surgeon told me that he has "one good chance to close me up." If he is unable to close my chest tomorrow, he will have to reinstall the wound vacuum and remove it when I am stronger. He implied that could be in a few days, but he wasn't specific, meaning that could be when my osteomyelitis is ultimately cured.

I entered the hospital emergency room and was admitted to the hospital on May 13, 2022. On May 19, 2022, I had follow-up surgery to have my sternal plates removed from my chest and a wound vacuum installed to suck out the severe infection within my chest. On March 9, 2022, I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery and the insertion of sternal plates instead of wires to hold my broken sternum (breastbone) together.

PHOTO: Selfie, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton, Florida, Tuesday, May 24, 2022

CORRECTION: I meant to write that the infection within my chest could have been caused by the bone infection in my left foot, which could also possibly cause future chest infections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...