Saturday, May 28, 2022

Medical Update

Medical Update, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, May 28, 2022

(PHOTO: myself taken by one of my day nurses in my hospital room today)

Hello. I am still in the hospital following my most recent chest surgeries this month. While I am doing better, I am still in constant, severe pain with immobility in my chest area; and I am dealing with intestinal and urinary difficulties. I have been engaging in very little walking with physical therapists. I am expected to be discharged from the hospital in a few days, maybe.

Recent Medical Events (2022):

MARCH 9: Quadruple Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery

MAY 13: entered hospital emergency room with severe chest and central back pain; also, admitted to hospital same day

MAY 19: surgery to have metal sternal plates removed from my chest; and to have a wound vacuum installed to suck out severe infection within my chest from recent open-heart surgery

MAY 25: surgery by a plastic reconstructive surgeon to remove the wound vacuum within my chest; to clean out the remaining infection within my chest; and to close my chest by clipping off the tips of my ribs and reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body

SOON: removal of small drain in my chest that is connected to a wound vacuum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...