Monday, May 30, 2022

Yesterday's Medical Update

Medical Update, Boca Raton Regional Hospital, May 29, 2022

Wow !!! I experienced yet another even higher level of severe pain here in my hospital bed this morning. A plastic surgeon associated with my plastic reconstructive surgeon changed the bandages on my chest. He removed the drain within my chest and replaced the wound vacuum within my chest. He told me that I am healing well, and that the wound vacuum may be removed and also my chest closed, both on May 31, 2022.

I have been experiencing constant, severe pain, even after receiving around-the-clock, intravenous and oral pain medications. However, my pain level seems to be slightly lower since he removed my chest drain this morning.

My surgeon's associate took these two photos of myself this morning for myself and also took two similar photos for my plastic reconstructive surgeon to evaluate. The left photo shows my chest after he removed the drain and removed the wound vacuum. The right photo shows my new bandages after he replaced the wound vacuum.

Recent Medical Events (2022):

MARCH 9: I had Quadruple Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery.

MAY 13: I entered the hospital emergency room with severe pain in my chest and in my central back; also, I was admitted to the hospital on the same day.

MAY 19: I had surgery to have metal sternal plates removed from my chest; and to have a wound vacuum installed to suck out a severe staph infection within my chest from my recent open-heart surgery.

MAY 25: My plastic reconstructive surgeon removed the wound vacuum within my chest; cleaned out the remaining infection within my chest; and mostly closed my chest by clipping off the tips of my ribs and reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body. At that time, he installed a drain and wound vacuum.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...