Saturday, June 25, 2022

Happy About Roe Overturn

June 25, 2022 - Selfie: Since arriving at my physical rehabilitation facility on June 3, 2022, today was the first day I was offered a newspaper. I am not a fan of The New York Times due to its heavily liberal/politically leftist bias, but that is all she had to offer. Anyway, I accepted the newspaper, mainly because I am extremely happy that the U.S. Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade yesterday, and because I wanted to see the large bold headline printed onto the front page. After all, it really is good news, as well as an important historical event.

Prior to arriving at my rehab facility, I was in Boca Raton Regional Hospital since May 13, 2022, arriving at the hospital's emergency room on that day with severe chest pain, and enduring and recovering from two surgeries later that month. I continue to recover here at the rehab facility.

I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022, and two plastic reconstructive surgeries in and on my chest in May 2022. For my surgery on May 19, 2022, my plastic reconstructive surgeon removed metal sternal plates from within my chest due to an infection. For my surgery on May 25, 2022, he cleaned out the remaining infection from within my chest, and he partially closed my chest by clipping off the tips of my ribs and reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body. My surgeon used seven spaced-out sutures to close the eight-inch-long, vertical incision initiated by my open-heart surgery in March and made worse by my two subsequent surgeries, leaving me with seven holes in my chest to heal. My sutures were removed on June 20, 2022.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...