Friday, June 24, 2022

"Fun" In The Early Afternoon

June 24, 2022 - I certainly had a "fun" early part of this afternoon.

1. from bed, sat in wheelchair for an hour as part of occupational therapy 

2. ate lunch sitting in wheelchair

3. walked about 65 feet in hallway with walker as part of physical therapy

4. pooped

5. threw up lunch into gray basin

6. dressing change on chest (see photo below); bandage change on left foot

7. back in bed, feeling better after some pain, lightheadedness, and sweating

Background Information: I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery on March 9, 2022, and two plastic reconstructive surgeries on my chest last month. For my surgery on May 19, 2022, my plastic reconstructive surgeon removed metal sternal plates from within my chest due to an infection. For my surgery on May 25, 2022, he cleaned out the remaining infection from within my chest, and he closed my chest by clipping off the tips of my ribs and reattaching my chest muscle flaps to my body. He used seven spaced-out sutures to close the eight-inch-long, vertical incision initiated by my open-heart surgery in March, leaving me with seven holes in my chest to heal.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...