Wednesday, June 22, 2022

What's Doin' At Rehab?

June 22, 2022

I certainly have been relatively busy here at the physical rehabilitation facility. Two of my many activities are shown as numbers 1 and 2 in this composite photo I made this afternoon. (See below.) I guess it's not all that much to do. It's just that there are just so many little and quick activities throughout the day that resting really isn't possible, and my weakness makes doing some of these simple activities more difficult.

1. bandage changes (chest and left foot), daily; photo from today

2. intravenous antibiotic, plus PICC-line flushes with saline solution, daily; photo from today

3. dressing changes for PICC line, not too often

4. many pills every morning, afternoon, and early evening (pain reliever, muscle relaxer, anti-anxiety, aspirin, iron, probiotic, sometimes stool softener, sometimes cholesterol reducer; once, twice, or thrice per day, depending on the type of pill)

5. steroidal nasal spray, twice per day

6. steroidal powder inhaled through mouth, once per day

7. insulin injections, almost every day

8. blood-sugar level monitoring, once every morning

9. blood pressure monitoring, many times per day

10. blood-oxygen level monitoring, many times per day

11. body-temperature monitoring, often

12. blood extraction for testing, every couple or few days

13. adjusting nasal cannula for oxygen (by myself), often

14. adjusting my body (by myself) in bed, often

15. physical rehabilitation, lower-body exercises in bed or sitting and walking, every day

16. occupational therapy, upper-body exercises in bed, every day

17. interrogations by various medical and administrative personnel, often

(I think that's everything.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...