Monday, September 12, 2022

Severely Underpaid

September 12, 2022

Many people think teachers are underpaid. That's a myth. Teacher is listed as one of the top professions with the highest number of millionaires.

https://futurescopes.com/dating/wealthy-dating/3407/10-professions-most-millionaires

My profession (journalism) is vastly underpaid. Many times I have considered becoming a teacher to earn more money.

Here is a personal example:

I have a bachelor's degree in communications with a minor in the French language (Villanova University); a master's degree from the top university for journalism (University of Missouri-Columbia); and about 35 years of experience as a reporter, writer, editor, page designer, and photographer for newspapers, magazines, newsletters, and a wire service, including seven years working at four consecutive jobs in New York City.

One of my jobs from several years ago was editor, page designer, and sometimes writer and photographer for five weekly newspapers in southeastern Florida. My gross salary for that job was $22,700 per year. Yes, $22,700 per year before taxes.

I have had better-paying journalism job, but not much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Test Video: Ka'chava

September 21, 2024, at home Taste Test: Ka'chava Shake Powder (Sept. 21, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel: ...