Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Osmosis

September 13, 2022


My high school biology teacher said that to me in the classroom one day. I told him that the course was difficult. He told me to open the book, put my hand on it, and absorb the information by osmosis. So, that's what I did with him looking at me. He was a great guy. He used to play ice hockey with us. He and I with about 30 of my classmates would rent a hockey rink in an arena from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. on a Thursday for a total of $75, so it cost us a couple of bucks each to play. It was the 1970s, so it was relatively inexpensive. My biology teacher, a lefty, loved checking us into the boards.

His name??? Mr. Wallace from West Islip High School in West Islip, Long Island, New York. Was his first name Craig?

I posted a yearbook photo in the comment section below of Mr. Wallace and Fred Gallagher (R.I.P.). Is that Mr. Wallace? There was a taller teacher with a similar hairstyle at the high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Taste Test Video: Ka'chava

September 21, 2024, at home Taste Test: Ka'chava Shake Powder (Sept. 21, 2024) I created and uploaded a video onto my YouTube channel: ...