Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Superman T-Shirts

December 28, 2022

Two Christmas presents from my wife were just delivered: two (2XL and XXL) Superman T-shirts. She wanted me to have them, basically, because I am still alive to celebrate the Christmas season. In March 2022, I had quadruple coronary artery bypass surgery, including removal of a length of vein from my left leg to be used in the open-heart surgery. In May 2022, I had surgery to remove sternal (breastbone) plates from within my chest due to loosening of screws and an infection. Also in May 2022, I had reconstructive surgery to reattach my chest muscle flaps to my body. Last year, among other hospitalizations, I had three of four surgeries on my left foot (osteomyelitis and tumor removal); kidney failure with six weeks of daily dialysis (four straight hours each day); congestive heart failure; dangerously low blood-cell counts (red and white); thoracentesis of my right lung; two bouts of pneumonia; and a covid infection. She thought that after living through all of my health issues and because I was a journalist from 1982 to 2017, Superman T-shirts are appropriate for me. The store also sent us two more Superman T-shirts ( XXL and L), which we didn't order.

Several weeks ago, I ordered a T-shirt for myself with the words: "Quadruple Bypass Survivor/Official Member Open Heart Surgery Club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Piano Improv Video

September 16, 2024, at my mom's home I created and uploaded a video of myself playing an improvisation on my digital piano. Due to medic...